MP4, a very popular video container format, can not only store video and audio, but also store subtitles and still images. Because of its good quality and wide compatibility, most digital devices and streaming media websites support this format. If you just have a MP4 format video with black edge and want to upload it onto a website or your device, you probably need to crop MP4. Then what are the programs that would enable you to do it easily?
Recommended MP4 Video Croppers you may try
Video Grabber which is a completely free service is designed especially for you to grab videos on these websites: YouTube, Vimeo, Bilibili, Dailymotion and so on. All you need to do are just enter the URL and choose the format to download directly. Even better, it has the ability to convert videos to dozens of video and audio formats including MP4, AVI, WMV, 3GP, FLV, MP3, M4R, M4A, OGG, AAC, and so on. While converting video, you are also allowed to trim video, add watermark, select effects, adjust volume, flip video, and speed up/slow down video.
To crop MP4 video via it, you just need to finish the below steps.
- Open your browser and then visit Video Grabber.
- Hit “Convert Video” tab and “Select files to Convert” button. Choose the file for cropping when a browsing dialogue pops up.
- Click “Edit” button, then input the values of location and size into the blanks from Crop bar. Choose the output video format and hit “Convert” button.
Video Converter Studio
Video Converter Studio is the most powerful MP4 video cropper. It is a suite of video converter, video downloader, screen recorder and MV maker. It supports converting numerous types of video formats to a wide range of video or audio formats. Besides this, it provides you extensive video editing functions. For example, you are allowed to add background music, trim or crop video, add subtitle and so on. You can customize the parameters for output videos such as frame rate, bitrate, channels, resolution and sample rate.
Quick guide of using it to crop .mp4 file:
- Download, install and then run it on your computer.
- Click “Add files” button to load the file for cropping. Hit “Edit” button and “Adjust” tab, then click “Crop”. Drag the rangebar or type the values of location and size manually to position cropping area. 4 kinds of aspect ratio are available to choose: original resolution, 16:9, 4:3, 2.35:1. Tap “OK” button when you are done.
- Go back to its main interface, choose the output format and tap “Convert” button at last.
Although iDealshare VideoGo doesn’t have a beautiful interface, it can help you convert video to other popular video or audio formats. So you can use it to convert video for playback on iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, Microsoft Surface, Amazon Kindle Fire, etc. It also features some basic video editing functions: trimming, cropping, flipping, splitting, merging video, adding subtitle and adjusting brightness, contrast, saturation.
How to crop a MP4 video with it:
- Go to its official website to download and install it on your computer.
- Click “Add File” to add your file to this software. Click “Crop” button to crop your desired area.
- Select the output format from Profile panel and click “Convert” icon.
VidCrop can work with files in MPG, MPEG, MOV, AVI, WMV and others, but only output video in AVI or WMV. Before trimming or cropping your video with this software, you are allowed to zoom in it. It provides you rangebar for controlling the frames that you want to remove or keep. While you use it to crop MP4 or other files, you can preview the final effect at the same time.
The process is not very difficult to master:
- Search for it via Google and proceed to download it.
- Click the “Browse” button from input file bar. Set the width and height according to your need. Choose the output directory and format. Hit “Start” button.
The Bottom Line
Well, you can choose one of the four MP4 video croppers from the above. Video Grabber is free and very easy to use, but the only disadvantage is that there is no any window for preview before converting. Video Converter Studio comes with preview function and provides you many practical choices of aspect ratio. However, both iDealshare VideoGo and VidCrop don’t feature the options like 16:9 or 4:3. In conclusion, when it comes to cropping videos, the best choice should be Video Converter Studio.