How to add text to iMovie (Mac)
When it comes to adding text to video on Apple’s Mac or iOS devices, the first tool that usually comes to people’s mind is iMovie, a professional video editing software for Apple users. It provides all the tools that people need ranging from the basic video cutter tool to the advanced special effects functions. But for most first-time iMovie users, it is not easy to get started because of its complicated user interface, despite the many video tutorials and manual guides available. If this is the case for you, refer to the steps below to quickly add text on iMovie for Mac.
- Open iMovie on your Mac, import media files and then drag them to the timeline.
- Click the “Titles” option at the top of the screen, choose the suitable text slide, and drag it on to the project timeline.
- Double click the text in the player, then you can make edits of the text, like where to place and when it should appear in the video, and customize the text of the size, font, alignment, color, transition, and effect until you are satisfied.
- There you go, you’re done adding text in iMovie successfully and you can choose to export the file on your Mac.
How to Add Text to iMovie Alternatives
Apowersoft Watermark Remover (Windows)
If you find iMovie is too hard to use, you can use iMovie alternative, Apowersoft Watermark Remover to add text. Though it’s a watermark software, it gives you a much easier and straightforward way to add text. You can directly add text to in the video with the built-in text editor. But note that the text will appear in the video from the beginning to the end of the video. Its user interface is very friendly for beginners. You can refer to the steps below to learn how to insert text in iMovie alternative.
- Download and install the program onto your computer.
- Open the software, choose the “Add watermark to video” option on the interface, and drag the videos into the newly opened window.
- Choose the “Add Text” option at the top right corner of the interface and input your text. You can adjust the size, font style, color, transparency, rotation, and location of the text.
- Once you’re done, click the “Convert” to process your video and save it to your computer instantly.
BeeCut (Windows, Mac, iOS, Acdroid)
If you want to add text to iMovie alternative in a much easier way, BeeCut is strongly recommended for you. It has both a desktop version and mobile version which fully work with all commonly available OS. It is an amazing app, which provides basic video editing features as well as advanced rendering functions. With the help of it, not only can you simply add text to video in a simple way, but also produce a stunning video in just several minutes. It has all the tools that are needed for creating a great video. The most important part is the interface is quite easy to use for beginners. Below is a simple guide that you can follow to add text. Here we take the iOS version as the example.
- Install the app from App Store.
- Tap the yellow scissor icon to import media file and then select “Next step” to select the aspect ratio to start.
- Tap the “Text” option to type the text and customize its size, font, color, motion, etc.
- Once done, tap the “Export” tab to save it to your camera roll.
If you are using an Android device, try to use InShot. This app is also a great alternative to iMovie when it comes to editing videos. It has many powerful editing functions, not to mention inserting text in the video. The steps below will teach you on how to insert text with this iMovie alternative on Android mobile phones and tablets.
- Get the app in the Google Play Store..
- Open the app and tap the “Video” icon to select a video you want to edit. Then tap the “Check” icon.
- Next, you have to tap the “Text” option to type in what you want, and then place it into your video.
- Tap “Save”on the upper right corner to process your video if you think it’s good enough.
This guide will surely help you add text in iMovie or with other simpler alternatives. You can just choose the one that you are content with and start your work.