Since FLAC features perfect quality after compression, FLAC gains popularity in multimedia streaming fields. This type of format was developed by Josh Coalson who released the very first beta version 0.5 to the public. Up till now, more and more sites have applied FLAC coding compression, such as Beggars Group and Linn Recorded. Comparing with other lossless quality formats, FLAC features smaller file size which has been adopted by more devices. For music zealots, they prefer downloading music in the format of FLAC aiming to enjoy the impeccable quality. To download FLAC files, you can check the following parts that introduce some reliable solutions.
Recommended downloader for FLAC
Use Video Grabber
This tool is a web-based program that allows you to download online streams to local drive as audio or video file. With this tool, you can download any online music or video clips to your local drive without any costs or installation. Also, it comes with an audio and video converter that can be used to convert multimedia files. To learn how to download FLAC music, you can check the guide below.
- Go to the site of Video Grabber.
- Paste the URL that represents the online streams on address bar.
- Choose “FLAC” as the output format in Step 2.
- Press the button of “Grab it” and choose desired saving path to start downloading.
Tips: This online program also allows you to convert audio formats. It will come into handy when you need to do conversion for your audio and video files.
Furthermore, there’s a desktop application which features more advanced functions in video editing and converting. It may be more convenient to use for the users whose network is unstable. More information about the program can be accessed from below.
Download FLAC with Video Converter Studio
As the name indicates, Video Converter Studio is an application for converting. Nevertheless, it is more than a traditional converting program, which also features downloading function. It’s equipped with video detector that can recognize online stream automatically. With the video detector, you don’t have to perform any operations, the online streams will be soon downloaded in your disk within a short while. Follow the steps to use this program.
- Download and install Video Converter Studio on your computer.
- Launch the program then go to the tab of “Download”.
- Press the option of “Enable detector” at bottom of the interface.
- Visit the webpage that presents target stream video or audio.
The task will begin once it has detected the streams successfully. Within a short while, the task will be completed. Afterwards, right click the item in task list and click “Convert” option. The program will guide you to “Convert” tab where you can convert the multimedia file to FLAC format. You can simply go to “Profile” > “Audio” and choose “FLAC” as the output format. Last, press “Convert” button to start the task.
Recording solution to grab FLAC file
This FLAC downloader also features a Screen Recorder that enables you to capture screen activity and sounds. This function can also be used to grab FLAC file. You can refer the operation guidance below.
- Enter the “Record” tab.
- Drop down “Audio input” menu and choose “System sound”.
- Go to the page of the target audio.
- Choose “Only audio” > “FLAC” in the menu of “Record”.
Export FLAC music to portable devices
For those people who want to listen to FLAC music on portable devices like phones or iPad, AirMore is a nice tool to do this job. It is a web-based program that allows you to manage phone data, import and export files between computer and devices. You can use this tool to export FLAC audio file to your phone. To use this program, you need to install AirMore app on your device in advance, which is available in Google Play and Apple Store for free. Absolutely, you can also click the button below to download it. Here’re the exact operation steps.
- Visit the site of AirMore on your computer, a QR coed will be generated on webpage.
- Open AirMore on your phone then scan the QR code on webpage.
- Resume to computer, and click “Music” tab.
- Click “Upload Files” and choose target FLAC file on pop-up window.
Within few seconds, the file will be exported to your device successfully, and then you can enjoy FLAC music on your phone.
All of these methods are quite effective to download FLAC files from web. You can choose one that you like most.