If you are a drone lover, you must know DJI (Dà-Jiāng), which is the leading company in the world’s civilian-drone industry. DJI manufactures a range of products including professional aerial photography and videography. Although DJI develops professional flight controllers to help users shoot a high-quality video, however it doesn’t provide users with video editing software to edit the drone video after shooting. In any way, for those who want to do basic editing job, or for those who want to add advanced effects to their videos, a good-to-use DJI video editing software is always needed. In order to help you edit DJI videos, this article will introduce the best video editing software to you.
Top 4 DJI Video Editing Software
ApowerEdit is one of the best video editing software to edit a DJI video. With its intuitive interface and clear function divisions, this software has been popular among both beginners and seasoned users. When editing a video with this software, you just need to drag and drop your materials to respective tracks, and then edit them one by one according to your preference. Aside from the basic editing functions, such as trimming a video, adjusting the volume, and fading out music. You can also apply advanced effects to the video, for example, you can add filters, transitions, and overlays to it. Below you can find the steps on how to use this DJI editor to edit a video.
- Download and install ApowerEdit by clicking the button below.
- Import a video to the media.
- Drag and drop the video to the timeline.
- Right-click on the video in the timeline and choose “Edit”.
- Edit the brightness, contrast, and hue of the video.
- Choose a filter, a transition, an overlay, a text, and etc. in the media and drag and drop them in the respective order to the tracks.
- Click on “Export” to export the video.
Easy Video Editor
Easy Video Editor is another easy-to-use video editor, which enables users to edit DJI videos. As a free video editing application, Easy Video Editor is less powerful as ApowrEdit in terms of the advanced effects it offers. For example, Easy Video Editor doesn’t allow users to add filters to videos. However, if you only want to basically edit your DJI video, then this DJI editing software could also be a great option. Here are the steps for you on how to edit a video with it.
- Download and install Easy Video Editor.
- Click on the “Plus” icon to add a DJI video.
- Drag and drop the video to the video track.
- Edit the video by clicking on the buttons of “Color”, “transition”, “icon”, and etc. in the toolbar.
- Click on “RENDER” to export the video.
Lightworks is a famous video editing program. It enables you to turn your video into an awesome masterpiece by correcting video color, trimming the video, adjusting the videos’ volume, and so on. In fact, Lightworks can be a little complicated for beginners to use because it features professional editing functions such as customizing curves, adjusting the routing for effects and adjusting the graphs of key frames. Therefore, if you are looking for a DJI video editing software to make your video frame delicate, and you have enough time to learn how to do with it, then you can choose Lightworks. Below are some simple steps on how to edit a video with Lightworks.
- Download and install Lightworks.
- Create a new project.
- Click on “Local file” to import your DJI video.
- Go to “Edit” page.
- Drag and drop the video to the timeline and right click on the video to edit it.
- Right click on the video and choose “Export” to export the video.
Above you can read about all the tools and steps required for you to edit a DJI video. ApowerEdit is suitable for both beginners and experienced users. As for Easy Video Maker, and Lightworks, you can actually use them in some special scenarios according to your needs and the possibilities brought by these two apps’ features.