In the past, it is very difficult and expensive to create a cartoon because it usually includes costly desktop editing software, even though you have a good idea of what you’ll do and enough time to create the project. No worries. Thanks to the advancement of technology, creating a cartoon video is not challenging and costly any more. There are many easy-to-use and even free cartoon video makers around the internet, from web-based to desktop version. We collected some of the best apps. With the help of them, we can make animation video of great quality and in a timely fashion.
Top 4 web-based cartoon video makers for recommendation
Moovly is an online animation making app. It is cloud-based which means you do not need to download any software. A stable internet connection and browser are okay to start your cartoon project. Moovely has free and paid version. the free trial version allows people to use Moovely for 30 days free with limits, for example, it produces 10 minutes video at most in 480p quality with watermark inside. The key feature is that it has multiple animation libraries which contains 500,000 assets including music, photos, motion graphics, etc.
How to make cartoon video with Moovely?
- Visit Moovly and create your account as well as your profile.
- Click “Create Moov” and write down the title for your project.
- Select a background style for your future project under “Stage Properties” and start adding objects to your project.
- Click “Save” button and go back to your Profile.
- Click on the video you created then press “Details” > “Download/Publish”.
Another popular online application to create cartoon video is GoAnimate. This one is a very prominent video maker because it has rich resources. You can even create professional cartoons you usually see on TV. You can choose from various animated characters and add texts and narration/voice-over. The only problem is its paid version charges $79 per month while the free version does not allow you to download the file and there will be a GoAnimated logo on the cartoon.
How to make cartoon videos with GoAnimated?
- Register an account on GoAnimated and click “Make Video” button.
- Select the style of the theme you want to use in your cartoon. There are “Business-friendly”, “Whiteboard Animation” and “Business as Visual”.
- Choose the multimedia you want to use from the left panel and insert it on your editing panel.
- Apply animated motions on your objects. You can choose character, background music, etc.
- When you’re done, click “Save” > “Save and close” and choose the format for your file.
Note: If you are using the free trial version, you won’t be able to download it directly to your computer. You can just copy and share link to your friends.
Animaker is also capable of producing professional-like animation videos online. This app is composed of thousands of characters and text styles with built-in animation effects. Via drag and drop, you can make a more exquisite and comprehensive video for your viewers.
How to make cartoon video with Animaker?
- Search for Animaker in the browser and create your own account.
- Click on “Create a video”, select a template that you want to use and fill in the necessary information.
- Edit the timeline, like change the characters, motions, etc.
- Click the Save button and you can upload the video to YouTube.
Note: The free version doesn’t allow you to export the file to your computer unless you buy the plan it offers. You can upload it to YouTube and then download it.
Explee allows people to make cartoon video interactively like the advised apps can do. It has one blank template to start with. Although it does not have amazing templates, it has diverse editing capability which is enough to build an interesting and eye-catching animation. You can straightforwardly insert text, objects, and animations. You can also add your own narration and soundtrack.
How to create cartoon video with Explee?
- Access Explee and sign up.
- Click “New Video” and the page will direct you to where you can add media files.
- Select the background for your project. On the timeline, click “Add” button to add pictures or texts. Under that, you will see the audio and narration track. Just click on the add button if you want to put some.
- Hit “Export” and choose the format as well as the quality for it. You’ll get the url which you can email to your friend or share it to social networks.
Note: This web service doesn’t allow to save the video to our computer either. People are forced to buy the plan if their want to download it.
For a more clear comparison of the online cartoon video makers, take a look at the table below.
|Free Version(all with watermark)||Pricing||Video quality||Download option|
|Moovly||No limit on the number of days you can use but with limit on video duration and quality||$5/month; $300/year||HD for paid version; SD for free||SD quality for free; HD quality for paid|
|GoAnimate||14-day trial||$39/month; $299/year||HD for paid version; SD for free||For paid version only|
|Animaker||No limit on the number of days you can use but only basic features can be accessed||$9-$39/month (price depends on feature available)||HD for paid version with $19/month plan and above; SD for free||For paid version only|
|Explee||14-day trial||$7-$99/month||HD for paid version; SD for free||For paid version only with $25/month plan and above|
How to enhance cartoon video with ApowerEdit?
I believe you can simply create your funny cartoon video with the online cartoon video makers successfully. Surely, if you think the video effect is still far from your satisfaction, you can use ApowerEdit, a professional video editor, to enhance your cartoon video. It has an intuitive user interface and multiple powerful features. It can color correct videos, increase the video speed, add annotations, apply filter/overlay/transition, etc.